So what is it that the students are really demanding? In two words, Fair Representation. Fair representation comes in two forms.
- Ability for non English speaking students to have a fair chance in the exam (currently the screening & scoring mechanism skewed in favour of those who speak English)
- The exam to be fair to students from Humanities background as well (currently skewed in favour of Science & Math students)
- For the qualifying comprehension – the quality of translation puts the folks taking the test at a disadvantage as the meaning gets distorted in translation and therefore students get their answers wrong
- For the language understanding paper – the level of English tests and the level of hindi tests when chosen as a second language are not the same. So students taking English as first language and hindi as second have an advantage over students taking regional language as primary and English as second. In the former case, students can score higher as the level of hindi is quite basic. In the latter case the level of English is high and students fall behind the former set.
Aam Aadmi Party believes that the students are taking up a just cause. Read More
Here is why E-Rickshaws are important. Their advantages range from economics, efficiency and most importantly, environmental friendliness.
1. Being battery operated, they produce no pollutants and hence are very eco-friendly.
2. Cost effective for passengers
3. They reduce the country’s dependance of foreign oil and hence the ability to reduce the oil import burden of the country.
4. Has one of the highest passenger to vehicle size ratio. This means, that is congested cities, these E-Rickshwas can become the most effective mode of public transport
5. Since they are relatively inexpensive, lots of people can be incentivised to own & operate these. They thus provide for a strong case of public/private cooperation in the area of public transport
Aam Aadmi Party respects the court’s order to ban them in the absence of any clear policy or regulation. It believes that the solution, therefore, lies in framing clear, practical policies for e_Rickshaws so that the court can lift the ban on these and they become a safe, efficient and most importantly, an environment friendly mechanism of public transport. Read More
In the parliamentary form of democracy, voters are often confused between voting for a party or voting for an individual candidate. Some recent examples may help answering the question for the future Read More
Is it to storm into the well of the house and disrupt proceedings of the house? BJP as the opposition in the UPA 2 regime certainly made it their ONLY role. Congress & others continue to return the favour to the BJP govt., by attempting to do the same. Read More